AdWords is one of the most competitive and dynamic internet marketing strategies. So, if you are a novice, what steps should you take to start making money with it? In my opinion, there are many AdWords specialists available on the internet that will help you get started. The thing is, you don’t need an AdWords specialist to succeed in this competitive market. What you need is someone who will teach you what works and what doesn’t work.
When I first got started in AdWords, I made a lot of mistakes. And I’m still learning. But here are some tried-and-tested tips that an AdWords specialist can get you started right away. These tips have helped me make more than $100k online. And these tips will help you do the same.
– Don’t use to much keywords. A good specialist will tell you to limit your use of keywords to two per ad. This will give you a much higher click through rate. And keep in mind, this is how you will attract your visitors. So you want them to click on your ads!
– Make sure your ad looks like an article. Articles are easy to read and understand. People will be more likely to read it than a five paragraph sales letter. Also, articles are way more likely to be repurposed for use in your blog or website.
– Try not to be an “I hate you” or “spammer”. AdWords is just another tool, like Google AdSense, that lets you show relevant ads based on people’s searches. If you choose to get banned from using AdWords, then you lose out on the possibility of earning some serious cash.
– Your ad should not say “Buy now” or “click here to buy”. These AdWords keywords will put you into a black hole where you won’t earn anything. Stick to “how to buy” or “get started today” for your AdWords keywords.
– Keep your ad short and sweet. You don’t have to include a long sales pitch. The ad should tell your potential customer how to do what you want them to do immediately.
– Use a tracking system to make sure your ads are being seen by the people who want them. There are a ton of great free ad-tracking systems available on the Internet. You can also pay for a ProAdWords tracking system that will give you statistics about how your ad is performing for you.
– Do not try to fool your customers by offering them something for free in exchange for their contact info. It never works. Most people will ignore any “scam” like that and report you to Google for duplicate content.
– Know your target market. It’s important to know who you’re trying to advertise to. Make sure your keywords are targeted to the right audience. Don’t just throw together words like “loan modification” or “finance car loans” and call it a day. The right ad keyword tells the search engine that this is an ad for a specific type of loan product. It will target the right people.
– It’s a good idea to have more than one ad running. When you have multiple ad versions, Google will split them up correctly. They’ll all point toward your landing page, which is the page that will convert visitors into paying customers. If you don’t do this, you won’t get much traffic at all.
– Use pay per click ads to build your list. If you use AdWords to promote your business, you have the ability to buy small amounts of targeted CPC. This will help you make sure each ad version gets enough exposure to make sure it gets clicks.
A great way to boost your website traffic is by having multiple ad versions running simultaneously. The right ad keyword will tell Google what your ad is about. In order for it to succeed, your ad must appear on the first page of Google when someone searches for the term “loan modification.” If you do all you can to make sure you get the word out there, you’ll be rewarded with traffic that will keep coming back.